Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Press On

So I am really going to try to be better about staying up with my blog through out with journey..  I think its good to put my feelings whatever they may be down in writing..    So I wrote my last entry in the middle of the week and so I was really expecting much when I step on the scale on July 14th when I weighted in...  So I got on the scale on that day it said I was down 3.6 pounds oh my goodness I was so over joyed that was the biggest loss I had seen in a long time...  I was thinking finally things are looking up...  Yes I was on a bit of a high thinking wow I got this going now..
So that next week I was tracking things really trying to get another good number on the scale again..  So I stepped on the scale yesterday and it said I had gained 2.2 pounds...  I was thinking are you kidding me I tried harder this week than last and this is all I have to show for it is to gain... So much of me just wanted to get my stuff and walk out right than and quit...  I was thinking why am I wasting money each month in coming to meetings and working out if nothing is changing on the scale...
I was thinking I take one step forward just to get pushed back several steps and feel like I am not making any process..  Ok I stayed for my WW meeting but cried during most of the meeting and even when I left the meeting I called talked to my husband told him I just wanted to quit he was like you will be so mad at yourself if you quit....

So yes if I did quit I would be so very upset with myself and would probably gain back all that I have lost so far...  So I am just going to press on with this journey and I can say its probably one of the  hardest things in my life I had done so far...  I am really working on getting my water in each day of half my body weight in water..  I should be drinking six of my 22 oz  glasses of water well yesterday only got 5 in but I am not going to be myself up about it either...  I am really on working on not snacking at night because sometimes its not that I am hungry just that I am bored or thirsty... 

So I am pressing on this journey of mine and no turning back not saying I won't have those moments but I am looking forward.. 
Philippians3:12-14 (message version) says:
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself in the expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

I believe God is teaching me things about myself as I go on this journey of weight loss and the may thing right now is to lay it at His feet... 
I love this song I am fixing to share with you...  Its Building 429- Press On

No comments:

Post a Comment